Basil is one of my favorite herbs. It smells great and can be used in so many ways! Basil has many benefits.
- Basil is low in calories and contains no cholesterol.
- Basil contains many nutrients and vitamins.
- Basil protects the body from free radicals responsible for aging and different diseases.
- Basil is a great source of iron and vitamin K. Vitamin K helps strengthen bones and normal iron levels are important to insure proper circulation to the entire body.
- Basil is enriched with high amounts of copper, potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
1 large bunch of basil3/4 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice (about 6 squeezed lemons)
Combine basil leaves and sugar in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain basil leaves. In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice and basil syrup together. Add four cups of water and stir.
Serve with sprig of basil or lemon wedge and enjoy!